Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Hunt by Allison Brennan

I got The Hunt when it first came out. I read the first book in the trilogy, The Prey, and really enjoyed it, giving it a 3.5. I am not sure when I didn't read this one right away, but for some reason I didn't. I finally picked it up, probably because I recently bought the newest books in Ms. Brennan's newest trilogy. Though it was a slow start, I enjoyed it giving it a B read.

Twelve years ago, Miranda Moore miraculously survived the torture of a serial killer who was never caught. Since then, Miranda, a former FBI trainee and now a member of a local search-and-rescue squad, has witnessed with horror the recovery of the mutilated bodies of seven young women, all victims of her tomentor, known as The Butcher. When another beautiful Montana college student goes missing, the Feds get involved, and an agent, a man Miranda once trusted with her heart, arrives to take over the investigation- forcing her toward a painful choice.

Now, while Miranda battles her demons, while friends, lovers, and traitors are caught up in a frantic race against time, a killer hides in plain sight- waiting to finish the one hunt he has left undone.

The suspense was done and written very well and there were a few times I was anxious for the characters of the story. The romance was very predicitible, and at times kind of made me mad. I don't want to include any spoilers, so I will just say that it kind of irritated me.

Allison Brennan is definitely a promising suspense author. Like I mentioned above, I have all of her new books that came out and plan on getting to them soon. I also want to read the last one in this trilogy, The Kill. I have one more test on Tuesday and one more take home test to finish, and then only one online class this upcoming semester. I plan on getting a lot of reading done and am hoping that the weather will finally break and I can enjoy my books outside!

Tomorrow, not sure how much reading will get done as the RED WINGS will be playing in the second playoff game. They kicked arse on Thursday and hopefully will continue with the grit and toughness they showed! 1:00 p.m. the puck drops and I will be all decked out!

Up next is the last Jodi Picoult novel I have. I also got at the bookstore last night the latest Wendy Corsi Staub novel, that is not supposed to be released until May 1. I LOVE her and she is probably one of my fave authors. Definitely want to get that in soon. Have a great weekend and happy reading!

No comments: