Sunday, April 22, 2007

Giving Up

Well I am giving up. I tried reading Laura Lippman's What the Dead Know, but just could not get into it. I really don't like her style of writing. I am not sure what exactly it is, but it just bores me. This is not the first one of Ms. Lippman's novels that I have tried to read, but I just couldn't get into it. I really wanted to read it and love it, and in fact almost bought it in hardcover because I didn't want to wait for the library. I am glad I didn't waste my money, and am returning it tomorrow. I read over 100 pages and then gave up.

I then tried reading Sugar Daddy by Lisa K. I only read about 20 pages or so and was just skimming, so I don't know if it is me or the book. I am just going to take it back as well because there is a long waiting list, and I have so many other books to read. It isn't one that I absolutely positively want to read this second, so I figure might as well allow others to get to it.

Up next is Wendy Corsi Staub's Don't Scream. I love her, so this should be able to get me out of the slump or whatever. I feel like crap still from last night (we did a bit of partying and having fun) and even though I barely drank, I am still hungover. That is why I don't drink. I need to remember this. What a waste of a wonderful day. And the Wings are on right now and there is about 2 minutes left of the game with a 1-1 tie. If we win tonight, those loser goons that call themselves the Flames will be done. They were disgusting yesterday just trying to hurt our players. I don't know if I will be able to stay up for the overtime because I have to work tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great start to the week. Happy reading and GOOOO Wings!

No comments: