Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Perfect Grave by Rick Mofina

After finishing the last book, I picked up a book titled Twisted. I read about 150 pages of it but just could not get into it. Yesterday, I finally decided to put it down and get another book. I chose A Perfect Grave which I received from J. Kaye's Book Blog in a raffle. It was a great read and sucked me right in. I give it a B+.

From Amazon:
A PERFECT GRAVE is the third installment in Rick Mofina's internationally acclaimed new series featuring rookie crime reporter Jason Wade of The Seattle Mirror. The gritty Wade series debuted with THE DYING HOUR, which the International Thriller Writers named a finalist for a 2006 Thriller Award. It was followed by EVERY FEAR. In A PERFECT GRAVE, Wade, a troubled loner from the wrong side of the tracks, pursues the story of a murdered Seatle nun. The case leads him to a hermit nun who founded a mysterious religious order; and ultimately to the dark secret that has tormented his ex-cop father for decades. It culminates in a life and death struggle against the clock. With time running out, Jason and his father battle the odds to confront a terrible truth.

This was a great book. The suspense was well done and I really enjoyed all of the characters. It was an interesting premise with the death of a nun. It really gives the reader an inside view of nuns and their lives. It is nothing like I thought it was. I really enjoyed Jason and thought he was a great character. I liked the relationship with his father and the possible one with a police officer. As the description mentions, this is the third book in a series, and while I haven't read any of the others, I didn't feel like I was missing much. Thanks J. Kaye for sending me this book, it was wonderful!!!

I am not sure what is up next. I am now on vacation for two weeks and am looking forward to it. I went on a job interview on Friday and was offered a position but I declined it. I applied for a middle school position and the job offered was kindergarten. I think I would not be the best kindergarten teacher, and the pay and location was not the best. I also think subbing may be my best way of getting in a public school district. I am going to pick a book from my library right now, and may head out to my local library tomorrow. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and Happy Reading!

In the spirit of J. Kaye, if anyone is interested in this book, let me know and I will send it off to someone.

No comments: