Friday, August 8, 2008

Hush Little Darlings by Judith Kelman

When I went to library for my mom, Hush Little Darlings is one of the two books I picked up. I started the other book I got and read about 100 pages, but I couldn't finish it. The main character really, really grated on my nerves. Hush Little Darlings was a good read, and I rate it a B.

From Amazon:
Four young girls are abducted by the same man. All that each of them can remember is a strange dream of black velvet walls, flowers and soft music. Not much of a lead for D.A. Sarah Spooner to investigate, but the case of the Velvet Viper will soon become terrifyingly personal--for Sarah has a daughter of her own.

I have read a couple of other books by Judith Kelman and they are all kind of the same. They really remind me of Mary Higgins Clark's books which always feature a woman main character and mysteries that surround their life. Hush Little Darlings is the same. At first I had a bit of a problem with the book because there was absolutely no mention of computers or cell phones, but once I realized the book was written in 1989, that was all right. That was pretty much the only thing that was dated so it wasn't really a big deal. The mystery started off pretty slow, but picked up about halfway through and it had a great ending. I thought I had it all figured out, but I was wrong.

I am out of library books, so I am going to get something from my own library. Not sure what I am in the mood for so I will just look around. Tomorrow I have to go to my nephew's graduation party so that will take up some of my reading time. I also have to do some major re-planning for school. I tested my student's on some of the topics we spent so much time on and they didn't do so hot. There is also other stuff that we even haven't started talking about that is on the post-test. Unfortunetly, it seems that I am going to have to teach to the test, which I hate but I really do not have a choice. One more week, and then I get my short, two week summer vacation. The permenent job outlook is looking so great, so it appears I will be back to subbing. Oh well, the way the economy is, especially here in the Detroit area (everyone hear about our horrible, embarrassing mayor... absolutely disgusting!) so I guess I am happy with steady subbing work. Have a great weekend and Happy Reading!

No comments: