Saturday, August 2, 2008

Easy Innocence by Libby Fischer Hellmann

This is another book I have heard a lot about from various blogs. The premise sounded very interesting, particularly the fact that high school girls were prostituting themselves so they can buy the latest designer jeans. Once I started this book, I had a hard time setting it down and read the majority of it last night. It was a good book and held my attention, so I give it a B+.

From Amazon:
When pretty, smart Sara Long is found bludgeoned to death, it's easy to blame the man with the bat.
But Georgia Davis -- former cop and newly-minted PI -- is hired to look into the incident at the behest of the accused's sister, and what she finds hints at a much different, much darker answer. It seems the privileged, preppy schoolgirls on Chicago's North Shore have learned just how much their innocence is worth to hot-under-the-collar businessmen. But while these girls can pay for Prada pricetags, they don't realize that their new business venture may end up costing them more than they can afford.


I really liked Georgia's character and could relate with her with a lot of her personal issues. The mystery was well written, though I do have to admit I did solve most of it before the book was over. I do wish that there was more focus on the prostitution angle, though, because to me that is very intriguing. Some of these girls came from very wealthy families, and I couldn't believe these girls put themselves in the position. Working with teenagers, I see some of the peer pressure they are under, and I think that Ms. Hellmann touched on those true feelings. I will be looking for more of her books in the future.

Up next is my last library book, John Sanford's Phantom Prey. This will be the first book I have read by Mr. Sanford and I know he has a lot of books out there. I am always looking for new authors to add to my list so hopefully this book is great. I just checked my email and I have another book to pick up from the library. That book is Meg Cabot's The Queen of Babble Gets Hitched. I enjoy this series, and that is always a quick read. I will probably pick it up sometime today. Everyone have a great weekend and Happy Reading!

No comments: