Friday, June 5, 2009

Praying for Sleep by Jeffrey Deaver

Praying for Sleep is yet another book I have had on my shelves for far too long and the last time I was looking for a book, I decided to pull it off and give it a try. Praying For Sleep was like nothing else that I have ever read, and I give it a B.

Back cover:
Praying for revenge... Murderer Michael Hrubek has escaped. He's finally free. And he'll show them all, especially the woman who put him away. She called him a killer. He'll show her what killing is all about.
Praying for salvation... Lis Atcheson knows he's out there- the man who killed two of her students. He's haunted every sleepless night following her testimony. Now the nightmares are coming true. He's watching...and waiting... and he's going to take Lis to hell with him.

At first there seemed to be so many different story lines running through the book, I was afraid it was going to be too difficult to keep straight. As the book progressed, however, I found that it all began to tie together nice and neat, but not in a way that was unbelievable. I knew that there was going to be some twists and turns throughout the story and I, being the "crafty" person and reader I think I am, thought that I had it all figured out but I was far from the truth which is always fun. Sometimes I thought that Mr. Deaver was being a bit wordy and some of the long descriptions could have been left out to make it a tighter story and just a bit more suspensful, but once I took the time to just sit and read today it didn't bother me that much. Overall, it was a good read and I am happy that this is my second book by Mr. Deaver and I have enjoyed them both. Perhaps it is time to start reading his series?!?

Up next is Elaine Viets' latest Dead End Job mystery series book. I picked that up, along with two other books, from the library yesterday. We finally have some nice weather and I spent the day outside reading in the lovely, warm sunshine. I got all of my cleaning for the weekend done and besides a bachelorette party I am supposed to go to tomorrow night, my weekend looks to be open for some nice and fun reading. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and Happy Reading!

2 comments:

Literary Feline said...

You've got me wanting to pull something off my shelf that's been there awhile. :-) I haven't read anything by Deaver, but I'm pretty sure I have a few of his books on my shelf waiting to be read.

Elaine Viets is an author I've been wanting to try too. I love her blog posts over at The Lipstick Chronicles.

Kristie said...

I love her Elaine's Dead End Job series. It is like catching up with old friends. They are very quick reads and I would recommend getting one. It is probably better to read them in order, but you really don't have too.