Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Gone by Lisa Gardner

My mom borrowed this book from a friend for while she was on vacation and when she returned, she told me how much she enjoyed. I told her I had been a Lisa Gardner fan for awhile and had Alone that she could read. In return, she gave me this book. We compared notes and while she liked Gone better, I enjoyed Alone more so. However Gone was a suspensful read and I give it a B.

For ex-FBI profiler Pierce Quincy, it's the beginning of his worst nightmare. A car has just been found abandoned on a desolate strech of Oregon highway, engine running, a woman's purse on the driver's seat. And the driver of that car, his estranged wife, Raine Conner, has vanished without a trace.

Did one of the ghosts from Raine's past catch up with her? Or could her disapperance be connected to a vicious double homicide they'd been investigating? One man knows what happened that night. And if he doesn't get what he wants, Raine will be gone for good. Now, as a terrifying deadline nears, Pierce plunges into the most desperate hunt of his life, in search of a killer, a lethal truth, and the love of his life. But getting back what he wants might be murder.

I have a feeling this book is connected to another one of Gardner's books because there was a lot of backstory without a whole of information on Quincy, Raine, and Quincy's daughter Kimberly. I don't think I will be able to read that other book(s) because too much was explained.

I enjoyed this book but just felt there were so many characters that it was hard to follow and keep track of everyone. The book was also a little hard to get into, though I do think that was more me than the book. When I started reading today at around page number 150, I finished the book in probably an hour and a half which was 300 pages. It was suspensful, there was another little side romance I enjoyed, though when I say little, I mean little. I wonder if that will be brought into any future books. I can always recommend Lisa Gardner's books for those who are big on suspense but little on gore.

Up next is probably one of the new books I bought today. I think I am going to go with Rage Therapy by a new-to-me author Daniel Kalla. Hope everyone has a safe 4th and Happy Reading!

No comments: