Monday, July 16, 2007

The Stud by Jackie Collins

After reading a review of one of Jackie Collins' books in Romantic Times, I decided to try one out. I went to the library and the only one they had in paperback so I grabbed it. I started it last night before bed and finished it this afternoon. It was a fun read that I rate it an A-.

London, 1969. The hottest, hippest, wildest domain of hedonists and pleasure-seakers, where swingers swarm the clubs and discos in a high-stakes quest to live for the moment. At the center of this decadent scene, one man plays all the angles, never missing a chance to score with the beautiful women who desire him- and walks the line between ecstasy and overload. Now the woman he wants the most knows his number- and may just call his bluff.

This was such a fun, easy read. It was another look in the inside of the rich and wanna-bes. It was the perfect book to spend a sunny day reading and enjoying. It didn't require a lot of concentration, so I could put it down and work on dinner and then pick it up and be sucked right in again to the story.

The only thing that bugged me was the ending. It seemed a bit rushed, but the way Ms. Collins ended it, it definitely gives the reader a hint, but not a conclusive conclusion. The language bothered me a bit since there were a lot of English slang words along with slang from the 60's. I was able to get over it though and really enjoyed the book! I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good beach book.

Up next is MJ Rose's The Halo Effect. I have read a few of her other books and they are always great. Happy reading!

No comments: