Monday, December 10, 2007

Double Exposure by Stephen Collins

All I can say about this book was wow. It was what I would consider an erotic suspense and seemed so out of what I was expecting. I really enjoyed this book, however, I rate it a B+.

From Amazon:

Joe McBride has his hands full. He's a TV critic in the running for an anchor position at a brand-new cable network. He's the adoring part-time father of five-year-old Mollie - when his ex-wife will let him see her. He's just been jilted by his new fiancee. And if all that isn't enough, he's right in the middle of moving into a new apartment, in the pouring rain. Joe McBride is stressed-out, to put it mildly...and things are about to get a whole lot worse. In this tense and twisty thriller, Joe McBride is plunged into a maze where few things are what they seem. He's barely begun to unpack when a beautiful new neighbor tries to seduce him. Still reeling from his broken engagement, Joe soon finds himself drawn irresistible to the young woman, but each new revelation about her life only deepens the mystery surrounding her - and as his curiosity escalates into obsession he discovers he's playing the lead in a deadly drama of someone else's design.

I was enthralled with this book and read it in about two hours all together. The book was really good and though not so suspenseful since I kind of figured out some of what was going on. I just couldn't get over the fact that Rev. Camden himself is writing this semi-erotic book. I really liked Joe, though part of it kind of confirmed of some stereotypes that are generally told about men and what they think with. He gets himself into a lot of trouble with his new obsession and it takes a nasty turn. I wasn't expecting what then happens and it had me whipping through the end of the book very quickly. The only reason why I didn't rate this book higher was because part of it was a little predictible. I know that Mr. Collins wrote one previous book and I think I am going to check out from the library.

Up next is another non-fiction book, Stop Dressing Your Six-Year-Old Like A Skank. I loved this title, and find it true. So many times these little girls that I see at school and other places are dressed like Britany Spears and it confuses the heck out of me. Hopefully this will have some humor with the topic.

Happy Reading!

No comments: