Friday, June 6, 2008

Tap, Tap by David Martin

Tap, Tap was another book I got from the thrift store. I love this store, and as a matter of fact, I got ten books there today for $2.00. I started reading this book on Tuesday, but between the games and celebrations, I just finished it today. This was truly an odd, freaky book but I enjoyed it. I give it a B+.

What if your best friend started killing your worst enemies? For Roscoe Bird, this nightmare becomes reality when an old childhood friend comes knocking at his door.
Peter Tummelier talks about past hurts and old enemies as if time has stood still. But when bodies start turning up, murdered in horrifying ways, suspicion is placed on Roscoe. And Roscoe knows the one person- the only person- who could have committed these deeds.
But the question is why? How can he reach into the twisted depths of Peter's mind to understand his diabolical motives? And how can Roscoe clear his name as the prime suspect of the murders? But most of all, how can Roscoe avoid becoming Peter's next victim... the victim Peter has been waiting for...

This book had bits of the supernatural, but they seemed to be explained in real life terms. The reader always knows who the bad guys were, but the book still was chilling and had me turning the pages when I was reading it. There were plenty of twists and turns and the premise was very frightening. This book is older, being written in 1994 or so, but it really doesn't take anything away from the story. It was just a really good read and the ending was even more chilling. I am definitely planning on getting more of this author's back list from the library.

I am not sure what I am going to read next. Barbara sent me my Amazon gc from our friendly wager on the playoffs so I have some shopping to do. This weekend is promising to be a hot one, so I see myself getting a lot of reading done. It is currently 93 degrees and we are under a tornado watch. I think I am going to start my cleaning right now and my laundry so I can just relax. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and Happy Reading!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Have fun shopping.