Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Stingray Shuffle by Tim Dorsey

I really enjoy Carl Hiassen's books, I read that Mr. Dorsey's books are often compared to his. I decided to get one awhile ago, and decided to pull this one from the shelves to read. Unfortunely, I was a bit disappointed with the book and can only give it a C.

From Amazon:
When serial-killing local Florida historian Serge A. Storms is off his meds, no one is safe -- not Russian hoods, Jamaican mobsters, spoiled frat boys, women's book clubs, drug dealers, bad Vegas-rejected local lounge acts -- especially when $5 million in cash in a bugged suitcase is still racing up and down the Eastern Seaboard. But in the oddball circus known as the Sunshine State, little things like astronomical body counts tend to get lost in the shuffle.

I just couldn't get into this book. I am not sure if it was me or the book itself. There were quite a few humorous parts where I had a big grin on my face, but there were so many little details and history thrown into the book that it was boring me. I had to force myself to pick the book up and read, and it shows. It took me over 5 days to read it, and while I was busy, if it was a good book this wouldn't have been a problem. I am not sure why I didn't just give up on it, but I kept reading and forced myself to finish it tonight. Ugh... I won't do that anymore. There are just too many books and not enough time. The book wasn't all bad... but I just couldn't get into it.

I have three library books to read now. Holds came in, so I am going to get in to them. I am not sure which one I will read first, but hopefully it will be something that grabs me. Happy Reading!

No comments: