Sunday, November 9, 2008

Secret Weekend by Thom Racina

Secret Weekend is an older book that I have had on my shelves for awhile. I decided to pick it up because the premise sounded really interesting and I figured it would be a quick read. However, I was a bit disappointed and give it a B-.

From Amazon:
Audrey Goh kidnapped her boyfriend for a romantic weekend alone in her luxury high-rise apartment on Hawaii's scenic coast. The building's state-of-the-art security system would make sure that no one else got in--or out. But someone seems to have slipped through the empty building's cracks. Someone who has been watching--and waiting for--Audrey for years. Someone who has wanted her all to himself...

I thought this book could have been really good and suspensful. I wish the author had done a bit more with the buildup of things happening and allow the reader to get into the heads of the madman a bit more. I feel like almost half of the book was action when the guy had Audrey and it kind of took away from the suspense of the book. I also didn't really like the author's style and voice with the book. I knew I had read a book by this author before, so I looked it up and I saw I also had the same issues with that book as well. Because of this, I probably will not read another book by this author.

I hit two library sales this weekend. The one I went to yesterday was a monthly event, so the selections of books was a bit slim, however, I got 9 books. Today was at another library where they had the $5 bag sale. I got a bag full, but the weren't a ton of books to choose from. I guess I really can't complain, because I think got about 15 new books. I now have over 600 books that I have not read yet, which is a bit scary. I think I need to get busy and start reading off from my shelves and slow down on the library books. I hope everyone had a great weekend and Happy Reading!

No comments: