Friday, September 19, 2008

Sail by James Patterson

Just like always, Mr. Patterson has delivered a good book with plenty of twists and turns that kept the pages turning. I finished this book today and I really enjoyed it. I give it a B+.

From Amazon:
Since the death of her husband, Anne Dunne and her three children have struggled in every way. In a last ditch effort to save the family, Anne plans an elaborate sailing vacation to bring everyone together once again. But only an hour out of port, everything is going wrong. The teenage daughter, Carrie, is planning to drown herself. The teenage son, Mark, is high on drugs and ten-year-old Ernie is nearly catatonic. This is the worst vacation ever.Anne manages to pull things together bit by bit, but just as they begin feeling like a family again, something catastrophic happens. Survival may be the least of their concerns. Written with the blistering pace and shocking twists that only James Patterson can master, SAIL takes "Lost" and "Survivor" to a new level of terror.

At first, I thought I wasn't going to like this book with these little spoiled brats and a mom who seemed to care more about her job and new husband, but it turned around. I couldn't believe some of the things that happened, and while some of them did seem a little unbelievable, the story was still a good one and I really liked the characters. Someimes with Mr. Patterson's books, I feel like the ending isn't always complete but this time, I thought the story reached a good final conclusion.

I am sorry, you are going to have to forgive me for this weak review. I am struggling to keep my eyes open, so I think I will end it here. I can tell you that my next read will be another memoir called I Was Told There'd Be Cake. I hope it is enjoyable! Happy Reading!

No comments: