Saturday, September 6, 2008

Murder of a Chocolate-Covered Cherry by Denise Swanson

I finished this book yesterday but am just now getting around to reviewing it. I have been obsessed with the Caylee Anthony case and have been reading a lot about the case and praying that the little girl is finally found. Anyways, this was another pleasant addition to the series and I give it a B.

Back cover:
Skye Denison has never aspired to culinary excellence. In fact, she can't tell the difference between mousse and meringue. So when Grandma Sal's Soup-to-Nuts Cooking Challenge comes to town, competing is the last thing on her mind. That's before she's bullied into entering by her mother, who has four recipes- one of which she has submitted under Skye's name. Right from the start, trouble brews. But a spiteful saboteur takes things too far when cocky contestant Cherry Alexander is discovered drowned in a chocolate fountain.

From time to time, I like catching up on my cozy mystery series. It feels like I am getting to catch up with my friends. I really enjoy the fact that Skye is a school psychologist and wish that the story would have had more interaction with her students. This series does allow the reader enough clues to figure out the mystery, though I do have to admit that I didn't figure it out. I was glad to see Skye's personal relationship move forward a bit because sometimes I think the author gets stuck in this back and forth stuff that really gets old (Stephanie Plum anyone?). This was a quick and easy read, and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a cozy mystery.

Up next is Dirt by Stuart Woods. This is my first book by this author and I hope I enjoy it. The premise definitely sounds interesting. I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and Happy Reading!

No comments: