Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The Thrill of Victory by Sandra Brown

After finishing The Ex earlier today, I decided to pick up something light and quick. What I hadn't anticipated was how light and fast The Thrill of Victory was. I read it in under two hours, and it was a nice way to pass the evening. I give it a B.

Stevie Corbert is in jeopardy of losing everything she's sacrificed and worked so hard for- her career, her future. Her life. She has just two weeks to make a monumental decision, but her fate rides on keeping the truth a secret.

It's Judd Mackie's job to uncover secrets. And he's spent the last view years dogging Stevie, exposing her for the spoiled glamour girl he believes her to be. Now he has the chance to scoop the story of the year and let the whole world know the truth about Stevie. All he has to do is betray her trust...

This was a nice love story, a true romance. No suspense or even comedy to take away from the sweet love story. Of course there is a HEA which I believe every love story MUST have for me to truly enjoy it. I really liked Stevie and enjoyed Judd and seeing his tough exterior slowly being broken down. The only downside of this book was it took awhile for the characters to develop, and you really didn't get a sense of who they were until over halfway through the story.

This book was written orginally under Sandra Brown's pseudonym Erin St. Claire and was rerealeased through Mira under the name of Sandra Brown. I am not sure how I got this book, but it was probably at the thrift store. While this one was different from the usual Sandra Brown books I read, it was a pleasure.

Not sure what is up next, but probably something a little more gritty. I am thinking I am in the mood for a good suspense. Who knows though? Whatever catches my eye I guess! Have a good night and Happy Reading!

No comments: