Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The Ex by John Lutz

Mr. Lutz sure does know how to write a great psychological suspense novel. This is the second of his that I have read and I enjoyed it very much. Short chapters, which are my favorite, only added to the pleasure of reading The Ex. I give it a well deserved A.

David and Molly Jones live with their three-year-old son on Manhattan's Upper West Side. They are devoted to their child and secure in their love for each other.

Then Deidre invades their lives...

Once upon a time, she was David's wife. Now, suddenly she is their new neighbor... befriending their son... luring her ex-husband back into a world of addictive sex David both craves and fears. But Deidre won't be content to be the other woman forever. She wants David back- this time for keeps. There's only one force Deidre didn't reckon on: David's wife. To hold on to her family, her sanity, and her life, Molly is willing to go to hell and back.

This book is just so well written. there is suspense on every page and is no way predicitable. You learn alot about Deidre and how truly messed up she is. I feel so much for Molly and love her attitude. I don't know how much I can go into the story and what I loved about it without giving away too many spoilers. I would recommend this to all who love psychological suspense novels. It is such an easy, fast read especially with all of the twists and turns. Mr. Lutz also wrote the novel Single White Female which the movie was based on and The Ex was made into a HBO movie. I am going to try and see if I can find a copy anywhere.

I am not sure what is up next. I will have to go look through the shelves or maybe my list of books I have to see what jumps out at me. I hope everyone is staying nice and cool if it is as hot where you are as it is here. Happy Reading!

No comments: