Monday, June 25, 2007

Ladykiller by Meredith Anthony and Lawrence Light

After reading about this book from some blog, though I can not remember which one. I really should record it when I keep track of my books of interest. Anyways, whoever reviewed this book I really need to thank you. This was one of the best books I have read in awhile. An excellent and wonderful A-.

From the bright lights of Times Square to the dark alleys of New York City, the Ladykiller is at work- and at prey. Four woman savagely murdered on the mean streets of the city. The Ladykiller leaves no trail and no clues.

Does the chilling secret lie in the death mask of each victim’s disfigured face- the look of someone who knew and trusted her killer?


The pressure is on for NYPD detective Dave Dillion when he joins forces with a beautiful young social worker. The search for a cold-blooded killer leads to a red-hot romance, but a host of forces threaten to intrude. The clock is ticking for Dave and Megan as they work feverishly to unravel a deadly secret- a secret that may make them both easy prey for the Ladykiller.

This book was everything a suspense novel should be. Lots of twists and turns, really interesting characters, good character development, a reason for all of the murders, an inside view of a killer's life, and such a surprise ending that I was left thinking about it and going to the author's website demanding a sequel! There is even a little romance which helps satisfy my need for some loving happening in the book.

I just loved, loved, loved this book! The only reason why I didn't give it an A was because it was a little teeny bit hard to get into and because it was so short (252 pages). However, that can be overlooked if I GET A SEQUEL!!! Run to the nearest library (it is a hardcover) and get this book if you love suspense novels. It is what all suspense novels should be like.

Up next is another book I got from the library that I read the review from another blog that I can't remember. It is called A Case of Imagination and is the first in a new cozy mystery series. It may have a hard time standing up against Ladykiller, but I will try and give it a fair shot. Happy reading everyone!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Thanks for the review. I'm in need of a suspense novel to read. I'll have to go check it out.

Kristie said...

It is wonderful! I hope you enjoy it.

Terri said...

Thanks for giving me *another* book to add to my To Be Read pile! :) I love a good thriller. Especially one that is so highly recommended!