Sunday, December 26, 2010

106. Whacked by Jules Asner

Whacked was a total impulse grab from the library while I was browsing for other books. While I didn't love it, or the main character, I kept reading and finished this book very quickly. I give it a B.

From Amazon:
She has an almost-perfect boyfriend named Dave and a dream job writing for the TV crime series Flesh and Bone that allows her to indulge her macabre forensic passions. But something isn't quite right with her relationship, and Dani- a wily and inventive snoop- learns that Dave's real creative talents are (1) lying and (2) cheating on her. Soon she is plunged into the world of Los Angeles singledom, enduring a battalion of bad dateswith men whose peccadiloes would drive a lesser woman to kill. At her wit's end, Dani is driven to a dramatic extreme that is as shocking as it is sensible in the girl-eat-girl world of Hollywood.

I really, really did not like Dani. I thought she was a total bitch to everyone. There was a ton of her rolling her eyes at people, being really mean to her mom, and even one time where she went to an open house and stole some prescription meds from the medicine cabinets. All of that doesn't even start to mention her snooping on other people! For some reason though, I continued to read. I guess I can see why the book was written that way, but it still got on my nerves. If you enjoy chick lit but with a little edge, I think you might enjoy this book.

No comments: