Sunday, December 26, 2010

105. The Neighbors are Watching by Debra Ginsberg

Happy Holidays to everyone! I have been so busy with work and getting ready for the holidays that I have fallen behind with my reviews, so these next four posts will be short. The first one is a book I absolutely loved and didn't want to end. I give The Neighbors are Watching an A-.



From Amazon:
A pregnant teenager shows up, literally, on her biological father's doorstep, and the neighbors can't stop talking. Joe Montana is a handsome restaurant manager who failed to tell his wife that he fathered a baby with an ex-girlfriend seventeen years ago. Diana's bombshell arrival in their quiet cul-de-sac sets off a chain reacation of secrets and lies that threaten to engulf the neighborhood along with the approaching flames from a Santa Ana-fueled California wildfire.
A woman scorned, a former reality TV star, and a suburban housewife with her own checkered past- these are just a few of the warring neighbors who will be forced to band together when Diana disappears in the aftermath of the wildfire evacuation, leaving her newborn baby-and many unanswered questions-behind.

When my SIL asked me what I was reading and what it was about, I said it was a lot like Desperate Housewives. There were plenty of suspects and red herrings as to what happened to Diana and I was always changing my mind as to who the guilty parties were, if there were in fact, a guilty person. All in all I really enjoyed this book and promptly checked out what other books Ms. Ginsberg had written!

No comments: