Monday, November 29, 2010

102. True Evil by Greg Iles

I love Greg Iles books, and picked up this one from the library when I saw it. I tend to spread out reading his books because I enjoy them so much and I don't want to run out of his books to read! True Evil was good, but it wasn't my favorite. I give it a B+.

From Amazon:
Dr. Chris Shepard has never seen his new patient before. But the attractive young woman with the scarred face knows him all too well. An FBI agent working undercover, Alex Morse has come to Dr. Shepard's office in Natchez, Mississippi, to unmask a killer. A local divorce attorney has a cluster of clients whose spouses have all died under mysterious circumstances. Agent Morse's own brother-in-law was one of those clients, and now her beloved sister is dead. Then comes Morse's bombshell: Dr. Shepard's own beautiful wife consulted this lawyer one week ago, a visit Shepard knew nothing about. Will he help Alex Morse catch a killer? Or is he the next one to fall victim to a deadly trap of sex, lies, and murder?

I think part of the reason I ranked this book lower was because of the way the murders were taking place. There was a lot of technical jargon that kind of bogged the story down. There was also some weird connection thingy that kind of ruined the suspense for me. While I understand why it was in the book, I kind of wish it wasn't. The premise I thought was fantastic, however. I could only imagine being Dr. Shepard and getting a call that his wife may be planning his murder. This book was a chunkster, over 500 pages long, and I still thought the ending was a bit rushed. I don't want it to sound like I am picking on this book, because I really enjoyed it, it's just that usually Mr. Iles' books are out of this world great! I look forward to reading more of his books!

No comments: