Monday, May 26, 2008

The Dead Room by Robert Ellis

I got The Dead Room either from the thrift store (a favorite place for buying books especially since you get paperbacks five for $1.00) or the library used book sale. Either way, I am happy I got this book as it was absolutely perfect to break me out of my mini-slump. I give it an A-.

A young woman has been found, brutally murdered and left on grusome display... in the "safety" of her own home. The atrocity kicks off an investigation into a bizarre string of increasingly disturbing murders, all believed to be perpertrated by someone of unprecedented savagery- and cunning.

As the city's panic rises, civil attorney Teddy Mack is thrown headlong into the grisly homicide case- and into a world of dirty politics and corrupt justice, where deceptions are as deadly as a killer's twisted secrets. Now, another woman is about to meed the same horrific fate as the others. To end a madman's reign, Teddy must enter his maze- a place of unimaginable terror... and shocking revelations.

This book was really good... and I mean really good. The writing was great and the suspense was done so well. Even when you find out who is responsible about halfway through, you heart is still beating hard and you are trying to figure all of what is going on. The pages just kept turning and turning and it was a perfect book to read between the Red Wings games this weekend and sitting outside enjoying the wonderful weather. While most stuff in books do not bother me, there was one part that sent chills down my spine. Even the ending leaves the reader wondering, and is the reason why I had to mark it down to an A-, though it isn't too bad. It also was another Pinnacle book and just kept showing me that this publisher is absolutely my favorite.

I am not sure what I am going to read next, but probably another Pinnacle book. I did try looking for the Gregg Olsen book when I was at the bookstore but couldn't find it and ended up buying two more John Lutz books and another by Kevin O'Brien. Actually, I think I may read one of his as I have a ton of his and haven't read a single book by him. This upcoming week is going to be a busy one, but when I am enjoying a book, I will find time to read it no matter how busy I am. I hope everyone had a great weekend and GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: