Thursday, March 27, 2008

Judge and Jury by James Patterson

Mr. Patterson's books are always quick reads for me, and this one was no different. I always have high hopes for his books because the first couple of books I read of his were so great. However, Judge and Jury did not meet those standards and while I did finish it in two days, I could have had it done much sooner but I wasn't that interested in it. I give it a C+.

From Amazon:
Senior FBI agent Nick Pellisante is closing in on the notorious mob boss The Electrician, when the scheduled sting goes spectacularly awry. Two FBI agents are dead, the boss is wounded, and Pellisante vows the Electricians next move will be from a jail cell. Andie Echeverra, a part-time actress and a single, full-time mom, is assigned her next role as Juror #11 in the landmark trial against Mafia Don Dominic Cavello. Everybody is on edge. No one has ever crossed the man whose orders have made entire families disappear. Though Cavellos influence extends across blue uniforms and black robes, the case should be open-and-shut. But the legal system fails with devastating results, and Nick and Andie are the only ones left to seek justice. To stop the Electrician, they must take matters into their own hands. They are the judge and jury now.

I think the main problems with this book was my issues. First of all, I am not that interested in legal thrillers. I do enjoy them sometimes, though maybe it was the mood I was in. I think I was also looking for a bit more suspense and there wasn't very much. I kind of felt like the book was rushed and the reader knew who the bad guys were. I was even looking forward to the usual Patterson shocking ending, but there wasn't one. I wouldn't say I regretted reading it, but there was nothing terribly memorable about the book.

Up next is another library book. I finally got Curse of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz which I have been dying to read. However, I have three other library books ahead of it and I always try to read in order of when I got them. The next one is Dead Center by David Rosenfelt. I have heard his name before but never read anything by him. I got this book because it centers around a cult, and I recently watched a documentary about cults and it got me interested in reading a fiction book surrounding it. I hope I enjoy it. I had more dental work today, so I will be spending the afternoon curled up on the couch reading and catching up my Tivoed shows. I also need to input all of my books in another database since I lost it from when my computer crashed. I made a small dent in some of them yesterday and got about110 books entered, but still have a lot more to go. And keep in mind that these are books that haven't been read. Now that my self-imposed book buying has ended, I wanted to go buy some right away, but as I am entering these in, I am finding a lot of books I forgot I had that seem really interesting. I hope everyone is getting plenty of reading done and enjoying all of your books! Happy Reading!

No comments: