Sunday, February 24, 2008

Darker Than Night by John Lutz

I have enjoyed the other books I have read by Mr. Lutz and when this book was selling for $4.99 awhile ago, I grabbed it up. It sat on my shelves until I pulled it out to take with me to Florida and I finally started it last week. As soon as I started it, I knew it seemed familar, but I wasn't sure if I had read it or not. I continued to read it and I now know I had read it before though it took me awhile to figure that out. I finished it, though, because it was a good, well written thriller. I rate it an A-.

From Amazon:
A killer dubbed "The Night Prowler" has turned the city that doesn't sleep into a town kept awake by terror. Unseen, he enters couples homes. Unsuspected, he lingers until the perfect moment arrives. He leaves "gifts" for his victims- before taking their lives.

Ex-homicide cop Frank Quinn is still reeling in the wake of an elaborate setup that ended his career. For Quinn, this isn't just any job- it's a last chacne to salvage his reputation. As the investigation proceeds, the murderer loses no time stalking new prey: a loan officer and her high-earning husband, a couple who made a killing on the stock market; a pretty actress and her prosperous lover.

With the body count rising, it's up to Quinn to unlock the mystery of a madman's past and end his bloody reign. Quinn's got his work cut out- because in a city the size of New York, any one of 8 million faces could be that of a killer- or his next target...

I never reread books, so this is a good indicator that I loved this book. I enjoyed Quinn and the other characters in the book. There were a lot of other side stories and I enjoyed that as well. You also got to learn about some of the victims of the killer, which is rare. This book was long, though the reason why it took me so long to read it was me. I have been busy and most of my downtime has been spent to stuff around the house and just relaxing. I really want to get back into the flow of reading again, so my next book will be a James Patterson. I always fly through those so it helps me pick up the pace.

Well, I am falling asleep as I right this, so I hope everyone had a great weekend and Happy Reading!

No comments: