Friday, November 9, 2007

Got Your Number by Stephanie Bond

Finally finished a book! I was reading another book and was about 100 pages in, but wasn't that into it and really wanted to spend the little time I had to read on something fun. Turning to Stephanie Bond, who always puts a smile on my face was a good idea. Got Your Number was a B read.

Gutsy Roxann Beadleman, a volunteer for an underground organization that helps abused wives escape from their husbands, needs to be rescued herself. She's being hunted by Frank Cape, a smarmy PI who wants his wife and child back, and by Joe Capistrano, a rugged police detective whose partner was shot by Cape. Joe intends to find Melissa, Cape's wife, and have her testify against her husband, but Roxann refuses to cooperate, fearful that the police won't be able to protect Melissa. When Roxann receives an invitation to her cousin Angora's wedding, she seizes the opportunity to flee town. Unfortunately, her cousin is jilted at the altar and, against her better judgment, Roxann agrees to accompany Angora to their college reunion in South Bend, Ind. En route, the former roommates have an unnerving run-in with Cape, but Joe steps in just in time. Although Roxann insists that she doesn't need his help or his affection, she quickly changes her mind when she and Angora are accused of murdering their theology professor.

This was a fun read. While not as funny as some of her others, especially Our Husband, I did like it and was looking forward to reading it whenever I had a free moment. I think the light hearted tone of the book really helped me get into it and it was fun. The mystery was kind of light and I had it figured out early on, but I still enjoyed it.

I really miss reading! Books that I have had on hold forever are coming in and I am having to return them unread because I don't have the time. I am not sure if things are going to start to slow down soon, but I do know that I have one month left. I have a ton of stuff to get done, but I think it is really less than I think. This weekend is dedicated to printing things out and preparing my portfolio so once I can see it organized and together, I won't stress as much. This stress is causing problems physically and I am losing a ton of hair and other womanly problems. I am somewhat scared too because I have been in school for so long and I don't know what to do with my time! Wait, I know... catch up on my reading! Yay!

Anyways, I hope everyone else is reading great and fun books. I do have a library book I started called Unnatural Causes by Leah Ruth Robinson. I have only read 24 pages and am on the fence about it. I decided I will probably give books 75 pages to capture my attention and if it doesn't, then it is on to the next one.

Happy reading and a have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Found your blog from your post on another book blogger's blog. I love to see what other people are reading and if it's any good...lol!