Sunday, March 11, 2007

Thankful

I think, quite often, that we are so eager to complain when things are going bad or not our way. I believe when we have something to complain about, we are so eager to share the bad news with everyone but when there is something nice to be shared, it really doesn't happen.

Nothing spectacular has happened, but I just wanted to take moment and give thanks for all that I have.

I have a wonderful husband who works so hard for us at two jobs so that I may graduate from college and obtain a dream I have been working towards for so long. He also always tells me I am beautiful, even when I know I am not. He will hold me and always puts me first. I try and do the same for him.

I have a wonderful mom who helps me in any way she can and is always willing to listen to me.

I have wonderful pets who are like my babies who provide unconditional love and can always bring a smile to my face.

I have wonderful friends and family who love me and are willing to listen to me and be there for me.

I live in a wonderful country where countless brave men and women are willing to put their lives on the line to keep this a free and safe country.

I have a house that I love that is not just a house, but a home, to come home to everynight.

I really do not have any wants... I mean, sure I would love a big house on a beach, but I have everything I need and really I could want.

I have great sports teams to cheer on (Go Tigers and Wings!!!)

I also have so many books to help me get lost in and travel to many different worlds all from the comfort of my couch.

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Terri said...

That was so nice to read! Thank you for sharing all those wonderful things. :)

Kristie said...

Thanks for reading them! I just feel that sometimes we are so quick to point out all of the bad and wanted to take some time out to point out the good.

Jana said...

You are sooooo right, Kristie. I know I'm very guilty of that. I do try to count my blessings daily but sometimes I guess the bad stuff just seems so much more pressing.

And you do sound truly blessed. (((hugs)))

SuziQoregon said...

What a lovely post!