Friday, March 16, 2007

Plum Lovin' by Janet Evanovich

Well like I stated before, Plum Lovin' finally came in for me from the library. I almost broke down and bought it, but now I am soooo happy I didn't. While I really love Stephanie, Lula, and Grandma Mazur, this one was somewhat of a disappointment. 3 out of 5 stars.

Mysterious men have a way of showing up in Stephanie Plum's apartment. When the shadowy Diesel appears, he has a task for Stephanie- and he's not taking no for an answer. Annie Hart is a "relationship expert" who is wanted for armed robbery and assult with a deadly weapon. Stephanie needs to find her, fast. Diesel knows where she is. So they make a deal: He'll help her get Annie if Stephanie plays matchmaker to several of Annie's most difficult clients. But someone wants to find Annie even more than Diesel and Stephanie. Someone with a nasty temper. And someone with "unmentionable" skills. Does Diesel know more than he's saying about Annie Hart? Does Diesel have secrets he's keeping from Stephanie and the two men in her life- Ranger and Morelli? With Stephanie over her head, things are sure to get a little dicey and a little explosive, Jersey style!

I really love Evanovich's writing style and have always enjoyed the Plum books since I got the first one five years ago from a former coworker. I think they are funny and always bring a smile to my face as well as a few laugh out loud moments. This book had some funny aspects, but I hated that Evanovich might have brought in another possible love interest for Stephanie. Plus, since it was so short, there was so little of Grandma Mazur (NO FUNERAL SCENES!?!) and Lula I felt cheated. Plus this book was so short, and I finished it while I was subbing today. I probably spent an hour reading it. I almost wish Evanovich would have just thrown this story in with her next book coming out this summer or made this one longer. I know she would have lost money, but come on! $16.95 for 164 pages with big print! That is a ripoff! But all in all, it was a nice fun read and I know I will be reading the next one. The past few years I have stopped by hardcovers, and so I know I will have to wait awhile to read it, though I am already on the library list for my county.

Up next is Most Likely to Die by Lisa Jackson, Beverly Barton, and Wendy Corsi Staub. I absolutely LOVE Staub's books (and also those written under Wendy Markham) so I want to get through this one this weekend. We will see. I have to work tomorrow and then we have a St. Patrick's Day party to attend. Sunday will be getting through some homework for school, so hopefully I will be able to get a good amount read tonight!

Have a safe weekend and happy reading!

No comments: