Tuesday, June 15, 2010

43. Rapture by Thomas Tessier

I picked up Rapture while browsing at my local library (where else would I be?!?). It was a new to me author and a fairly old book, but a quick enjoyable read. I give it a B.

Back cover:
Jeff has always loved Georgianne, ever since they were kids- with a love so strong, so obsessive, it sometimes drives him to do crazy things. Scary things. Like stalking Georgianne and everyone she loves, including her caring husband and innocent teenage daughter. Jeff doesn't think there's room in Georgianne's life for anyone but him, and if he has to, he's ready to kill the others... until he's the only one left.

I read this book very quickly as it was an easy read. While not the most suspenseful book and with some predicitiably, I found myself getting more and more sucked in as I turned the pages. I thought there were some cop-outs in the way the story was told but all in all I had fun reading it. It was a great way to pass by some time as my summer vacation nears. Happy Reading!

2 comments:

Staci said...

Sometimes fast, fun, and predictable just fit the bill!!!

Enjoy your summer vacation. I am!!!

Will Errickson said...

I really dug Rapture, just finished it the other day. Tessier's a great author, I hope you've read more of his stuff!

My review here: http://tinyurl.com/6tqr6c4