Friday, October 12, 2007

Honeymoon by James Patterson

After reading The Quickie by James Patterson, I decided to look on my TBR shelves and found Honeymoon. I started reading it Tuesday and read it real quickly and am definitely thinking I need to check out more of his books. I give this an A-.

From Amazon:

When FBI agent John OHara first sees her, she seems perfect. She has the looks. The career. The clothes. The wit. The sophistication. The tantalizing sex appeal. The whole extraordinary packageand men fall in line to court her. So why is the FBI so interested in Nora Sinclair? Because mysterious things keep happening to people around her, especially the men. With the irresistible attraction of the greatest Hitchcock thrillers, HONEYMOON is a sizzling, twisting tale of a woman with a deadly appetite and the men who dare to fall for herand James Patterson will keep readers guessing until the last deadly kiss.

This book really had a lot of twists and turns and really kept me turning the pages. Maybe that is part of the reason why I enjoy his books so much since I can't figure everything out all of the time. Some of it didn't leave me guessing, but enough did that it was a great suspense. I loved how Mr. Patterson alternates between Nora and the other main character which allows us to see in both of their minds and their motivations for all that they do. I also enjoy the short chapters since lately I have to grab a few minutes to read whenever I can get them and I am so anal that I have to stop at the end of the chapter or a page break. I am looking forward to the new series that starts tonight that is based on Mr. Patterson's Women's Murder Club. I hope it is as well written as his books are (or at least the two I have read!)

Not sure what I will read next. I am going to look at the shelves and take whatever grabs my attention. I hope to get a lot of work done this weekend and I don't have any plans so I am looking forward to hibernating, especially since the temps. have fallen so much! If anyone has any recommendations for more of Mr. Patterson's please let me know! Everyone have a great weekend and Happy Reading!

No comments: