Sunday, January 14, 2007

Odds and Ends

Right now, I am currently reading Bad Move by Linwood Barclay. It was a new to me author and I am really enjoying it. There were quite a few laugh out loud moments already, and I am only about half way through. It is the beginning of a new series, and I believe I will definitely be picking up the following books.

In other news, I went to a local library in my area that was having a used book sale. I picked up 18 books for $3.00! Can't beat a deal like that! While I definitely did not need to add any books to the TBR shelves, with a deal like that, I couldn't go wrong. Plus, the money goes to the Friends of the Library, so it makes me feel even better!

That's about it from around here. Tomorrow I won't have to sub because of MLK day, and we are supposed to get a nasty ice storm this evening and tomorrow. I plan on staying in, cuddled up on the couch. I am going to the Red Wing game tomorrow night with my mom, but hopefully the weather and roads will be better by then. I am just praying that we don't lose power, because my street seems to lose power whenever a gentle breeze comes through. I DO NOT want to have to go through this with no heat! In the three years I have lived here, I need more fingers and toes to count all of the times we have lost power!

Hope everyone has a great start to the new week, and if your area is being hit by this huge winter storm, be safe!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

I just wanted to say thank you for commenting on my blog.
And I hope you don't lose power! Crossing my fingers for you.