Saturday, May 29, 2010

38. Harvesting the Heart by Jodi Picoult

I've been a fan of Ms. Picoult's for quite awhile. While browsing at my library, I came across Harvesting the Heart and decided to pick it up. It was a good read and I give it a B+.

From Amazon:
The author of Picture Perfect "explores the fragile ground of ambivalent motherhood" (New York Times Book Review). Paige's mother left when she was five. When Paige becomes a mother herself, she is overwhelmed by the demands. Unable to forget her past, Paige struggles with the difficulties of marriage and motherhood.

This was an easy book to get into and sucked in. I found faults with all of the characters but that only made them more realistic. While I had a hard time understanding where Paige was coming from and sympathizing with her, I could almost see why she was acting the way she was. Nicholas wasn't an easy person to get along with or a charcter to love. The ending was a bit disappointing, and that seems to be a theme with Ms. Picoult's books. If there was more of a conclusion, I would have enjoyed the story more so.

Stayed tuned for another quickie review!

1 comment:

Literary Feline said...

It's been so long since I read a Jodi Picoult book. I really need to get back to her books.