Wednesday, April 7, 2010

27. The Perfect Woman by James Andrus

The Perfect Woman is the latest book I picked up from the bookstore. I normally don't read books as soon as they come into my house, but I was out of library books and this one was in reach. It was a good one and a fairly quick read. I give it a B.


From Amazon:

One Man's Obsession. . .
Pharmacy clerk William Dremmel is hooked--on drugging pretty young women and lulling them into slow, blissfully quiet deaths. Then he packs his victims in luggage--a nod to the cops that he works alone. Dremmel's no fool, he's also a college professor. He just likes using his intellect for darker purposes. . ..
Is Another Man's Anguish. . .
Haunted by his own daughter's unsolved disappearance, Detective John Stallings is committed to finding runaways and busting their abductors. When a series of girls is found dead and stuffed into duffle bags, he's consumed with capturing "The Bagman"--at the risk of his marriage, his career, and possibly his tough-as-nails partner, Patty Levine. . .
And Neither Intends To Give Up
As The Bagman grows more brazen in his crimes, the clues line up. But when he draws terrifyingly close to Patty, Stallings is determined to play by his own rules--and they won't be pretty--or quiet. . .


Stallings is at times, a difficult character to like. He is selfish at times and that grated on my nerves a bit. Throughout the story, we know who the killer is but that doesn't take away any from the suspense of the story. There were some side stories going on, but that really didn't impact the story much. It seems like the ending was left a bit hanging and that it may be the start of a new series. The author is a real life, active duty police officer who has experience working on serial killer cases and it shows. I will be looking for more by Mr. Andrus!


Up next is one of my library books. I just had several come in with more on their way so I need to get reading. It's a good thing I have the next two days off completely and that the weather is supposed to be cold and rainy which is the perfect reading weather. Now if I could only shake this sinus headache/migraine. Happy Reading everyone!

2 comments:

Staci said...

Isn't this weather horrible???? It started out so promising too...I'm doing the same thing during this time..reading and relaxing!! Thanks for another great review of an author that I've never heard of...

Hope the sinus thing goes away!!!

Literary Feline said...

I always find it interesting how an author's background fits into their writing. This sounds like an interesting book.

I hope you are feeling better soon, Kristie!