Thursday, August 27, 2009

Paint it Red by Carla Cassidy

Carla Cassidy is a women's suspense author whose books I normally really enjoy. Paint It Red has been on my shelves for awhile, so I decided to pick it up and get it read. Unfortunetly, I didn't enjoy it all that much and give it a C.

Back cover:
Jim Abbott, an up-and-coming artist, drowned himself in the raging waters of Missouri River. His body was never recovered. Two years later, his widow, Vanessa, has arranged for one last showing of his brilliant, disturbing art. The event is a success: Critics are raving, pieces are selling, and Vanessa even meets an interesting man. Christian Connor is gentle, honest, and incredibly sexy. Soon their innocent flirtation heats up...
Then the gallery owner is found dead with a splash of red accross his body, and his corpse is only the first to bear that mark. Vanessa recgonizes the stroke: When Jim was unhappy with a painting, he'd slash it with furious crimson. And in her home, Jim's picture somehow finds its way onto the dresser and his jacket appears on the back of the sofa. Is she going crazy? Or has her husband returned to claim her as his own?

This book was just so-so. The main part of the story was romance, and as you know, I am not a huge fan of romance novels. Vanessa was a bit annoying, as well, and I didn't find her to be too convincing of a character. The mystery was also done so-so, and though there weren't many clues to who the killer was, it wasn't difficult to figure it out. If you enjoy romantic suspense, then you may enjoy this book, but it just wasn't one for me. Hopefully the next book I read with resonate more with me.

It's late and I need to get to bed, so I will leave you with a Good Night and Happy Reading!

No comments: