Saturday, July 12, 2008

Watch Them Die by Kevin O'Brien

I have enjoyed Kevin O'Brien's books and decided to grab it off of my shelves. It took me a couple of days to get into it, but that was me and not the book. It was very good, and I give it an A-.

Back blurb:
The blonde film student. The brunette paralegal. The red-headed artist. The first victim is strangled. The second is stabbed repeatedly. And the third is pushed out an open window.
In the city of Seattle, no single woman is safe. From afar he watches the ones he so desperately wants. Willing to do whatever it takes to prove his love. But should his latest obsession betray him, he will have no choice but to punish her. By finding new and brutal ways to teach her a lesson. And by finally, loving her- to death...

Mr. O'Brien uses old movies to tie in with the many deaths that occur in this book. I loved that and even got the names of a couple of books I must have missed and will definitely want to check out including a Hitchcock movie. The suspense was high and the book was great. Last night I decided to sit down and read for a bit and ended up reading 200+ pages. I quickly finished it up this morning and was still trying to figure out the mystery with about 30 pages left when the killer is revealed. I was a bit disappointed with one part of the ending, though I do think the author did it in a realastic ending. I saw on Amazon that this book will soon be rereleased with a special price of $4.99 and recommend that all of you thriller lovers run to get this book.

Yesterday I went to the thrift store and got 5 books for $1.00 and then today I went to library and picked up 8 more books. It is a sickness, I tell you. This particular library is wonderfully stocked and it is like having a shopping spree at a bookstore. I will have to get through these before I grab any off of my shelves. Today is a rainy, humid day and I plan on reading while intermediately working on my summer school stuff. I start Thursday with a three hour planning session, so I know I will have time to get it done. Tomorrow is a Tigers game, so that day will be pretty much full. Have a great weekend and Happy Reading!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I have a couple of his new ones to read. One of these days. You know how that goes. I can't wait to hear how summer school it.

Kristie said...

Thanks. I am getting a little nervous, but I am sure it will go smoothly. I am getting really tired with my other job though. I am sure that with your fast reading, you will be able to get through a ton of books.