Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Shadow Hunter by Michael Prescott

I got The Shadow Hunter from the thrift store and this book proves once again that the thrift store is a wonderful place to try new-to-me authors. The Shadow Hunter was a wonderful book and psychological suspense book. I rated this as an A.

Back of the book:
Abby Sinclair is a hunter, as cunning and deadly as her prey. Working alone, she infiltrates the lives of stalkers... discovers their darkest desires... and brings them down before they explode...
Raymond Hickle is close to the edge. The object of his twisted obsession is a beautiful television news anchor. He knows her every expression, her every move. And if he can't possess her, no one will...
But know, Raymond has a new next-door neighbor. Her name is Abby, and she's moving in for the kill. Little does Abby know, danger lurks beneath every shadow...

I loved this book. I was guessing throughout and couldn't figure out who all of the players were and what they were exactly doing and what their motives were. I loved the premise, especially since the hunter was indeed getting hunted with Abby inflitrating a stalker's life and their every move. The book was over 400 pages long, but I read it quickly and couldn't stop picking it up all of the time. I admit to peeking at times where I was stopped at a red light. This is the first book in a series about Abby and her life, so I will definitely will be looking forward to more of her stories. I believe I have the second book in the series and plan on reading it shortly. My library also has the rest of the books, so I will hopefully be able to read the series.

The rest of this week seems to be a long one. We have two field trips in the next two days, and I am not looking forward to them. It is supposed to be hot and the kids have been crazy and out of control lately and it all seems to add up to one big headache. I am not sure what I am going to read next, but it will be something I grab off of the shelves. I probably won't be able to start something else tonight but I will grab something because I have to go straight to the doctor's after work and there always seems to be a bit of a wait. I hope everyone is getting lots of reading in! Happy Reading!

No comments: