Thursday, September 6, 2007

The Elevator by Angela Hunt

While looking over the shelves at the library, I came across this book. It is a Steeple Hill suspense book and I was nervous about trying it since I don't like reading about people worshiping God all of the time. I believe in what I believe and will worship Him, but don't want to read all about it in my books. But I checked it out anyways and it was a pretty good book. I give it a B.

In the path of a devastating hurricane, three very different women find themselves trapped in the elevator of a high-rise office building. All three conceal shattering secrets- unaware that their secrets center on the same man.

The betrayed wife, eager to confront her faithless husband, with rage in her heart and a gun in her pocket...

The determined mistress, finally ready to tell her lover she wants marriage and a family...

The fugitive cleaning woman, tormented by the darkest secret of all...

As the storm rages ever closer, these three must unite to fight for their lives in the greatest test of courage- and faith- any woman could ever face.

This book was good. The pace was well written and the story moved well. It was a bit cliched, but it worked and was done good. I got sucked into the story and loved the way the reader gets information about the three ladies and their history. I wouldn't call the book a suspense book but more like an adventure story. The descriptions of the destruction of the hurricane are so clearly written.

While I enjoyed this book, I probably won't search out another Christian book. It wasn't overly preachey, but I think I like a little more grit and maybe a bit of murder in my suspense books. Call me a psycho, but that is what interests me the most!

I am not sure what I am going to read next, but I know school is kicking my butt. I have been working so many hours and going from zero to one hundred and it is knocking me out. I do want to read, but right now I am just so tired. I hope everyone is reading and enjoying the last weeks of summer. Happy Reading!

No comments: