Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Better Read than Dead

First of all, I would like to say that I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

I just finished Better Read Than Dead, the second in the Psychic Eyes Series which features Abby Cooper, a psychic who assists the police in solving cases. This book also takes place in my local area, particularly the city of Royal Oak. I enjoyed this book very much, as it was a quick and easy read. 3.5 out of 5 stars.

I enjoyed the mystery, though did feel like it was concluded suddenly with no oppurtinity for the reader to try and solve it or guess who the bad guy was. However, I did enjoy the story and the chemistry with Abby and Dutch, her FBI agent sometimes boyfriend. I have the following two books in the series and plan to read them in the near future.

The only other thing I have to point out in this story was in one point, Abby is taken to a house on Lakeshore Drive. Lakeshore Drive is a street in Grosse Pointe and Detroit that has huge mansions that celebreties and CEO's that live there. It is a real street that faces Lake St. Clair, a large lake that flows into the Detroit River and is in between Canada and Michigan. The author names the lake as Lake Michigan, when in fact Lake Michigan is on the other side of the state with Chicago on it's banks. It really threw me and I had a hard time to get over that. While the author used to live in Michigan, even someone that has not lived in Michigan would know that Lake Michigan is one the west side of the state. Just a little nit-picking thing that I picked up on. Otherwise, everything was really real to the area, including news stations and even area codes.

Next up in I'm In No Mood for Love by Rachel Gibson, which I just got from the library.

2 comments:

jordaaansc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

I like this series. It's kinda fluffy, but lots of fun.