Thursday, March 11, 2010

19. Live to Tell by Wendy Corsi Staub

Wendy Corsi Staub is one of my favorite all time authors, and I always look forward to when a new book of hers is released. Unfortunetly, even one of her books isn't enough to break me out of this slump... it took me a week to read! So depressing... anyways, I give Live to Tell an A-.

Back cover:
In a lovely suburban town just north of New York City, the gossip mill runs more efficiently than the commuter-train line. And in every impeccably decorated house, they're talking about Lauren Walsh. They say that nothing could be worse tan being abandoned by your husband for another woman. They're wrong...
All Lauren wants is to protect her children from the pain of her messy divorce. But when their father goes missing, a case of mistaken identity puts all their lives in danger, and a stealthy predator lurks in the shadows, watching... waiting...
Lauren is about to uncover an unfathomable truth- a truth this cold-blooded mastermind would never let her live to tell...

I felt like the majority of this book was focused on Lauren's divorce and the effect that is having on her and her kids. While that was all right, I was looking for a bit more suspense. I loved how Ms. Staub has several characters in the story, though, whose lives intervene and soon the connections are being made when before I couldn't see why they were even part of the story. Ms. Staub does a fantastic job of making you care about the characters and I thought really gets Lauren's pain across in a believable way. The ending of the book leaves the reader wanting more, and I was pleased to see that Live to Tell is the first in a trilogy and the second will be released sometime later this year.

I am not sure what I am going to read next... I am just hoping I will be reading soon! I have a busy weekend ahead but I am going to promise myself that I will fit some reading in sometime soon! Happy Reading everyone!

1 comment:

Staci said...

One of your favorite authors huh? Well, with the A- you gave this one I'm going to have to read this! I've never read this author before!! I have tomorrow off!! Yippeeeeee...end of term! Let's hope we survive all of the rain coming our way this weekend!! Hope you get some reading time in!